It is the Policy of the Horry County Police Department that all complaints pertaining to departmental policies or procedures which allege officer misconduct shall be investigated by the department.
- Complaints can be given in person, via telephone, email or in writing.
- Any supervisor may accept your complaint.
- During Normal Business hours: You can call the police department directly at 843-915-5350.
- Our Dispatch Center is operated 24 hours a day and at any time you can call 843-248-1520 and request to speak to a supervisor. The dispatcher will gather some information and have a supervisor contact you at their earliest convenience.
Process of your complaint:
- A complaint form is completed and forwarded through the chain of Command.
- The complaint is either investigated by Supervisory Staff or assigned to the Office of Professional Standards, at the discretion of the Chief of Police.
- You will be contacted in reference to the complaint, and information will be gathered to investigate the complaint.
- Once an investigation is completed it is reviewed by Command Staff and the complaint is Sustained, Not Sustained, Exonerated, or Unfounded.
- Command Staff will determine disciplinary action.
- You will be notified of status of the case.
A Citizen’s Complaint Form can be downloaded here . Please print the form, provide all information possible, then mail it or bring it to: Horry County Police Department, ATTN: Professional Standards, 2560 N Main Street Suite 7, Conway, South Carolina, 29526, or in the event you would like to contact me personally, please call the number below or use the email link.
Please note that the Horry County Detention Center and Communications(E-911) are their own departments under Public Safety. Please click the links to go to their webpages for contact information.