Support Services provides assistance to the many teams within HCPD to ensure that patrol and investigative operations run efficiently.
The following services are also available to law enforcement partners and community members through Support Services:
- Police Records Requests
Law enforcement partners can request incident reports and warrants via the Records Section.
- For reports, dial 843-915-8344.
- For warrants, dial 843-915-8247.
- Community members can request incident reports and other records via the Freedom of Information Act. To do so, visit the Public Information page and click FOIA request.
- Community Engagement Unit
HCPD Community Engagement Unit seeks to build partnerships with neighbors and visitors across Horry County. The unit routinely organizes community events, such as National Night Out, Shop with a Cop, and Coffee with a Cop, as well as participates in established community programs.
To request a speaker for a public safety event or meeting, please visit the Horry County Speakers Bureau page, review the list of options in the Public Safety section, and click the “Learn More & request a Speaker” button to submit your request.
To engage with the unit directly, please contact Sgt. Dwight Tomlin at mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
- Victims Services
HCPD Victim Services provides assistance to victims and witnesses of crime in understanding the judicial process of their case by acting as a liaison, as needed, between the victim/witness and other partners from other agencies. They can advise you of your rights under the Victims’ and Witnesses’ Bill of Rights and inform you of resources available to you.
Advocates are available to victims and witnesses of crime in Horry County on weekdays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at every police precinct or by telephone at 843-915-8348.
- Sgt. Dwight Tomlin (Victims Services Supervisor)
- Nelson Melendez (Central Precinct, bilingual in Spanish/English)
- Shawn Perkins (Central Precinct)
- Renea Searcy (North Precinct)
- Willa Johnson-Carter (South Precinct)
- Lily Beaulieu (West Precinct)
- Property & Evidence Release
Property scheduled to be released from police custody and control can be obtained in person with proper identification (photo ID) and proof of ownership Tuesday and Thursday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., by appointment only. Call 843-915-8343 to set up an appointment, and please be prepared to provide a case number or incident information.
A criminal records check is conducted on all persons coming to retrieve property.
Only lawful items can be released. (Note: Ammunition will be disposed of, and firearms that are illegal or have altered serial numbers will be destroyed.)
Found property is held for 90 days, after which it will be disposed of.
- Towed Vehicles Recovery
Vehicles that are towed fall into several different categories:
- Stolen Recovered – Towed to Horry County Police Department contracted wrecker service facility – Squeaky’ s Automotive located at 2971 Church St (Highway 501), Conway SC 843-365-5390 they are open Monday through Friday 8-5pm.
- Abandoned – Towed to Horry County Police Department contracted wrecker service facility – Squeaky’ s Automotive located at 2971 Church St (Highway 501), Conway SC 843-365-5390 they are open Monday through Friday 8-5pm.
- Crime Scene – Towed to Horry County Police Department Impound Lot located at the M.L. Brown Public Safety Building 2560 N. Main Street, Conway SC 843-915-8343 they are open Monday through Friday 8-5pm. These vehicles must be pre-approved for release.
- Owner Request – Vehicles towed at the request of the owner, if your vehicle breaks down and you ask the police to provide a tow truck, it will be towed to that wrecker services lot or location that you have requested.
- Arrested – If you are arrested and your vehicle is towed from the arrest location to be safeguarded, it will be towed to a rotation service wrecker lot. You should check at the time of arrest, where the vehicle is being towed. If you are unsure, you can contact our dispatch section at 843-248-1520. They maintain a log of all vehicles towed by Horry County Police.
- Narcotics Seizure – Towed to Horry County Police Department Impound Lot located at the M.L. Brown Public Safety Building 2560 N. Main Street, Conway SC 843-915-8346 These vehicles must be pre-approved for release.
- Fire Vehicles - Towed to Horry County Police Department contracted wrecker service facility – Squeaky’ s Automotive located at 2971 Church St (Highway 501), Conway SC 843-365-5390 they are open Monday through Friday 8-5pm. These vehicles must be pre-approved for release.
- Other Agency – Often times your vehicle may have been towed by another agency, ex- South Carolina Highway Patrol, other Police Department. You may have to contact them directly to determine the location your vehicle was towed to.