In response to inquiries from taxpayers requesting the ability to make partial payments for property taxes, I am pleased to introduce installment payments of real property taxes. Horry County taxpayers have the option to pay real property taxes by installments. An installment election is NOT allowed for personal vehicle, boat/motor, or real property paid through escrow. Only real property taxes (land, building and mobile home) will be accepted. Those electing to participate will make five (5) payments in advance based on the previous year's tax amount. The balance due will be billed by November 15th of the tax year. Please fill out an application if you wish to participate.
South Carolina Code of Laws dictates the procedures for the collection of all property taxes. South Carolina Code 12-45-75 allows the Treasurer through Horry County Ordinance 66-07 to collect real property taxes in installments.
I believe it is my obligation as your Treasurer to provide the taxpayers and citizens of Horry County every avenue available for the remittance of property taxes. With our e-pay service, and now installment tax payment program, I will continue to enhance the services this office provides. Thank you in advance for your participation. - Angie Jones, Horry County Treasurer
Prior Year Tax Amount x 16.67% = Installment Payment Amount
How to Participate
- Complete the Installment Payments Application. A separate application is required for each parcel.
- Submit the application to the Horry County Treasurer. The application must be received prior to January 15 of the tax year you wish to pay installments.
- Upon approval an information packet containing a coupon book, a payment schedule and five remittance envelopes will be mailed to you. (Applications may be denied, examples include: outstanding taxes are due; taxes are escrowed through the bank or you are not the owner of the property.)
- Pay each installment in full.
- In person, at the Horry County Treasurer's Office [locations] present payment coupon with check (payable to Horry County Treasurer) or cash.
- Through the mail with check only. Make check payable to Horry County Treasurer, include payment coupon and write the MBP number on the check.
- At the Horry County Treasurer's Office night deposit boxes for convenient after business-hours payment [locations]. Checks only, made payable to the Horry County Treasurer, include payment coupon and write the MBP number on the check.
- Online is not available.
- Due dates are as follows:
- February 15th
- April 15th
- June 15th
- August 15th
- October 15th
- The Horry County Treasurer will mail the final notice no later than November 15th and payment is due January 15th to avoid penalty.
- The information packet for the next tax year will automatically be mailed.
- If you wish to opt out of the program, please provide a written statement.
Click here to search for unclaimed property http://treasurer.sc.gov/unclaimed-property