Discharge Information

Copies of military discharges are available to the discharged Veteran, next of kin, or legal representative if filed with the Veterans Affairs Office. 

Copies which are not available from the Horry County Veterans Affairs Office may be obtained from:


National Personnel Records Center
1 Archives Drive
St.Louis. MO 6313


Using a SF Form 180. (The form may be obtained from the Horry County Veterans Affairs Office or http://www.archives.gov/veterans/)

Veterans are encouraged to record their military discharges (DD-214) with the Veterans Affairs Office. The original is returned to the Veteran and certified copies can be made if needed.

DD214s were issued after 1950. Prior to 1950, discharges were known as a WD AGO form. DD214s recorded in the past at the Horry County Courthouse are now located in our office.

If you are unable to locate a discharge for a WWII Veteran or surviving spouse, we have WWII Roster books with discharge information in the office. This book is only good for WWII Veterans that entered service from South Carolina. The VA will accept the information contained in this book as discharge information.

Discharge Corrections and Upgrades

Please contact our office for assistance with discharge corrections and upgrades.