Documents below will be needed to support your request for VA benefits if they apply:
- Veterans discharge (DD 214)
- Service medical records showing injury, illness or diagnosis which occurred on active duty if applicable.
- Bank account information (Financial institution, routing number, and account number)
- Current supporting medical evidence showing current diagnosis, and medical opinion connecting diagnosis back to in-service injury, if possible.
- If you have dependents (married/children) bring marriage certificate, social security numbers, date of birth, and birth certificate of the children. If you have been married more than once, we must have divorce decrees or death certificates for all previous marriages to show how the marriage ended. Same prior marriage info required for the spouse as well.