Obtain a Vendor Permit
- Step 1: Code Enforment
Each vendor must obtain a temporary use permit from Horry County Code Enforcement. Code Enforcement approval should be obtained prior to obtaining the Hospitality and Hawkers and Peddlers license.
You may need to apply for a Special Events Permit. The deadline for Special Events Permit Applications is 45 days prior to the first day of the event.
- Step 2: Code Enforment A Hospitality Fee is based on 2.5% of sales with a $125 minimum (cash only). A hospitality fee is applicable from the Treasurer's Office if prepared or modified food or beverage including alcoholic beverage is sold. If the hospitality fee is not applicable they will note that on the permit
- Step 3: Code Enforment Hawkers and Peddlers fee is $100 (cash only). The Clerk of Court will sign the permit in issuance of a Hawkers and Peddlers license.
- Step 4: Department of Revenue
All vendors will be required to submit a South Carolina Business Tax Application.
Business Tax Application
- Spring permits and Fall permits are valid for a 7-day period only.
- Atlantic Beach Memorial Day Bikefest permits are valid for a 4-day period only.
- Permit must be signed by all three(3) departments and displayed in a visible location by the vendor. ( Code Enforcement Department, Treasurer's Office, and Clerk of Court )