General Job Description
Handles centralized mail service for departments and activities under the Horry County Government. This is responsible supervisory and clerical work in providing a centralized mail service for Horry County departments and activities. An employee assigned to a position allocated to this class of work is responsible for planning, assigning and reviewing the work of subordinate personnel engaged in picking up, delivering, weighing, stamping and sorting interoffice and official mail. Work also involves assisting a higher-grade supervisor in related administrative duties.
- Duties for this Position
- Participates in the efficient receipt, sorting and delivery of a variety of interoffice mail, postal mail and supplies.
- Answers inquiries regarding the operation and organization of the mailroom.
- Schedules and supervises special mailing occurrences.
- Arranges for mailroom equipment servicing and repair.
- Maintains certified and registered mail journals.
- Maintains record on mail machine meter use and transfers money as required.
- Ensures mail machine meter is periodically tested for accuracy.
- Trains departments on the use and procedures for certified, registered, insured and overnight mail and advise on the latest Federal Post Office procedures.
- Performs other related work as required.
- Position Minimum Requirements
- High School graduate or equivalent and three years of experience in mailroom activities.