General Job Description
Under limited supervision, reviews comprehensive building and site plans and permit applications to ensure compliance with all applicable codes and ordinances. Provides information resource concerning plan and site permits standards and regulation to contractors, developers, and the general public.
- Duties for this Position
- 1. Reviews and examines plans, construction drawings and blueprints for new construction, additions or alterations and repair work
2. Communicates with persons or entities submitting plans for approval as to any issues requiring modification or alteration of plans for compliance purposes.
3. Approve completed applications that comply with all relevant codes and regulations, and enter appropriate information into data management system.
4. Interacts with architects, engineers, builders, contractors, developers, County staff and the general public with regard to guidance or interpretations of specific code sections, or the permitting and review process.
5. Reviews and examines permit applications and all related documents submitted for compliance and accuracy. Approves permits as appropriate.
6. Coordinates with inspectors, chiefs and others to interpret and discuss code issues and comments that are presented or arise in connection with the inspection process.
7. Conducts field inspections as may be necessary.
8. Meets with customers, building officials and other staff as appropriate to discuss specific code issues.
9. Prepares and submits reports and correspondence as necessary.
10. Performs related duties as may be required.
- Position Minimum Requirements
- MINIMUM TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
Requires associate’s degree in engineering and/or architecture and a minimum of one to two year’s experience in blueprint reading and construction, or any equivalent combination of education or experience that provides the required skills, knowledge and abilities. Computer literacy required. Must be certified by the ICC as a Building Inspector and/or Building Plans Examiner.