General Job Description
Under general supervision, clean all areas of airport and assist all airport customers as needed. Assist in special events and emergencies. Reports to airport custodial supervisor. Must become proficient in job duties within 30 days of hire. Work schedule will be Thursday through Monday; off days are Tuesday and Wednesday.
- Duties for this Position
- General housekeeping: mopping floors, vacuum carpet, bathroom cleaning, trash pickup, cleaning windows etc.
- Accountable for all equipment used each day
- Ability to address and direct people as needed in airport emergencies
- Will work in all weather conditions and airport emergencies
- Maintain bathroom supplies such as paper, hand soap, etc.
- Will be required to learn security and be able to escort
- Ability to perform manual labor and lift at least 40 pounds
- Performs other related duties as required/assigned
- Position Minimum Requirements
- High School or GED equal, physical ability to perform the required work, previous custodial experience, or any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required skills, knowledge, and abilities. Customer service oriented. Good people skills. Valid South Carolina driver's license. Must pass 10 year background check, physical, drug test.
- PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES: Experience with operating power cleaning equipment such as carpet extractor, floor buffers, shampooer, etc. Previous custodial experience, previous airport experience, and Knowledge or OSHA, FAA, TSA rules and regulations. Applicant must provide documentation and/or be able to demonstrate their ability to exceed the minimum expectation of the position, if necessary. Actual job description will be match to airport needs and qualification of the applicant.