General Job Description
Under general supervision, provides a variety of complex and routine administrative, general accounting and bookkeeping duties in a customer service oriented environment to ensure efficient accounts payable operations.
- Duties for this Position
- • Performs routine calculating, posting and verifying duties to obtain primary financial data for use in maintaining accounts payable records.
• Examines, verifies, and corrects accounting transactions to ensure completeness and accuracy of data and proper identification of accounts such as totaling accounts, using adding machine, computerized spreadsheets, etc.
• Posts details of business transactions such as allotments, disbursements, pay and expense claims, remittance paid and due, checks and claims including posting invoices to General Ledger.
• Monitors outstanding invoices for timely payments.
• Performs all functions in check processing including but not limited to missing and stolen checks, locating payee on non- sufficient funds check, voiding and re-issuing checks, verifying cleared checks, issuing stop payments, keying information to complete and produce checks, etc.
• Verifies and processes invoices, purchase orders, and check requests received. Generates and mails checks to pay vendors, communicates with vendors and county staff to coordinate invoices and payments.
• Interacts and communicates with general public, addresses general telephone and electronic mail inquiries and directs specialized inquiries to appropriate staff member.
• Maintains vendor data within software database. Ensuring all vendors have properly filled out W-9’s and ACH information.
• Verifies and approves purchase card statements. Ensuring all receipts are attached and correct.
• Submits journal entry requests to appropriate individuals on coding errors when necessary and/or at department’s request.
• Performs related duties as may be required.
- Position Minimum Requirements
- Prefer Associates Degree in business, finance or accounting supplemented by three (3) to five (5) years of general bookkeeping and accounting experience, or any equivalent combination of training, education and experience that provides the required skills, knowledge and abilities. Experience with computerized accounting systems, Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook), and Adobe software. Must be able to pass required pre-employment physical and background check.