General Job Description
Under general supervision, assists in the enforcement of the Zoning Ordinance, performs zoning inspections, investigates complaints, issues uniform summons and testifies in court as necessary.
- Duties for this Position
- • Investigates and addresses zoning complaints and violations.
• Performs on-site inspections of landscaping, signage, parking, and other zoning requirements.
• Basic Computer skills.
• Answers telephone calls and general customer service.
• Maintains computer database.
• Interaction with other departments and agencies.
- Position Minimum Requirements
- • A high school diploma and at least two years experience in the area of planning, zoning, engineering, law enforcement, or a related field or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
• A valid driver’s license
• Familiarity with the County
• Strong map reading skills
• Communication skills and ability to work with the public
• Must be able to work outdoors in all seasons
• Must be capable of exerting up to twenty (20) pounds of force regularly and/or negligible amount for force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects. May involve extended periods of walking or standing. Must be able to lift and/or carry weights of up to fifty (50) pounds.
• Must be able to pass the required pre-employment physical and background check.