General Job Description
Reporting to the Director of Development:
Responsible for overseeing engineering and construction activities including oversight of the design, bid and contract award process for capital projects; coordination with governmental agencies for grant preparation; approval and closeout processes.
- Duties for this Position
- Coordinate with the FAA, consultants, contractors, other departments and individuals in the planning and implementation of airport projects.
- Review schematic and development plans and specifications for various projects. Review preliminary cost estimates and construction schedule.
- Manage the administration of construction projects to include pre-bid and pre-construction conferences, contract award recommendation, cost estimates, change orders and addenda.
- Manage the review and evaluation of Architect/Engineer fee proposals to include scope, budget, schedule, deliverables and administration of the project.
- Negotiate contracts with Architect/Engineering firms and contractors. Review and approve design and construction progress payments.
- Performing inspections of airport facilities to make ensure compliance with federal standards for safety and security.
- KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES: Knowledge of the FAA coordination associated with the execution of airport capital programs is required. Knowledge and experience of FAA design standards and project development process is required. Experience using AutoCad/Civil3D for design of alignments, profiles, corridors, site grading and surfaces is required.
- Any other duties required in coordination with the position.
- Position Minimum Requirements
- Licensed Professional Engineer in the State of South Carolina (Preferred) or have the ability to obtain the license within six (6) months.
- Must be able to pass the required background check to work within an Airport facility. Must be able to pass the pre-employment physical.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License.