General Job Description
Under occasional supervision, performs a variety of complex administrative and clerical duties in order to ensure effective and efficient office operations. Provides assistance to department management, coworkers and the general public as required. Reports to immediate supervisor.
- Duties for this Position
- Assist department and other staff by performing a variety of complex and routine administrative duties, which may include but are not limited to composing reports and correspondence, researching and compiling data, maintaining inventory of office supplies and equipment, maintaining computer record keeping operations, establishing and maintaining filing systems, etc.
- Performs computer data entry to record and retrieve information.
- Answers telephone; provides accurate information to the callers and/or forwards calls to appropriate staff and/or departments. Performs customer/public service duties as required regarding tax billing for the county.
- May assist in training other clerical personnel.
- Operates a variety of equipment which may include, computer, printer, typewriter, copier, fax machine, telephone, calculator, etc.
- Performs related duties as required.
- Position Minimum Requirements
- Requires one to two years of administrative experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities. Must be able to type 60-65 words per minute accurately.
- Able to multitask efficiently, with excellent customer service skills, and ability to work at a fast pace at times.
- The ability to pick up on instructions quickly is a plus as well as working knowledge and the desire to learn computer programs.
- Must be able to pass the required pre-employment physical and background check.