General Job Description
Under general supervision, assists skilled craftsmen in performing a variety of building maintenance and repair duties in such areas as HVAC, plumbing, electrical and construction, and other tasks as assigned by Maintenance Supervisor.
- Duties for this Position
- Assists skilled craftsmen in performing a variety of building maintenance and repair duties in the areas of construction, electrical systems, plumbing, HVAC, etc.
- May perform electrical installations and repairs including such activities as installing and repairing light fixtures, switches, receptacles, fuses, and circuit breakers.
- May maintain and repair heating and air conditioning systems.
- Tasks shall include, and are not limited to, installing hot water heaters, toilets, upgrades on sewage systems, general maintenance on field/drain lines, inspecting and maintaining backflows.
- Receives, reviews, processes, files and/or submits a variety of documents and reports.
- Utilizes an assortment of types of machinery and equipment in the performance of daily tasks including vehicles, power tools, carpenter’s/electrician’s/plumbing tools, back hoes, bob cats, dump truck, voltage meters, leak detectors, torches, vacuum pumps, generators, etc.
- Interacts and communicates with various groups and individuals such as supervisor, department heads, co-workers, vendors, etc.
- May work evenings and weekends, may be on call after working hours including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Reports directly to Maintenance Supervisor.
- Position Minimum Requirements
- Requires high school diploma with one to two years of practical training and experience in performing general plumbing and repair activities; or any equivalent combination of training and experience, which provides the required skills, knowledge and abilities.
- Possession of a state plumber’s license is preferred.
- Clear criminal history, must possess a valid SC Driver’s License with no prior DUI or DUS convictions within the past five years.
- Credit history must show sound financial management.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug test and medical examination, which results show that you are capable of performing all essential functions of the job for which you are applying, with reasonable accommodation.